9 Days to Go. Patriots 15th Annual Youth Summit on Technology | Events
Bowie State University
14000 Jericho Park Road
Bowie, MD 20715
This year Patriots 15th Annual Youth Summit is a two day event May 4th & 5th 2012. The Youth Summit on Technology is the Patriots signature event and is now attended by over 700 students and parents from the 5th grade through 12th grade.
You don't want to miss out on this!!!
NO ON-SITE REGISTRATION!!!
You can register on line at http://patriots-ttc.org, stop by the Patriots office or mail your registration and payment before April 27, 2012 to:
Patriots Technology Training Center
The Bank of America Building
5800 Martin Luther King Jr., Highway
Seat Pleasant, MD 20743
Breakfast and Lunch
Computer Competition $40.00
Patrotech Game Show $40.00
May 4th 12:00pm - 8:00pm - Cost $10 per person (lunch will be provided)
This program provides an opportunity for parents, government, industry, K-12 teachers, guidance counselors, principals and colleges to come together to discuss:
- How do we encourage students K-12 interest in STEM
- Mentor college students to graduate with a STEM major
- Identify programs that the government and industry have to offer K-12 students
- Organize government and industry programs for students
- Strategic plan for a career in Cyber Security
- Free STEM Roundtable Reception: 6:00pm - 8:00pm (Middle, High School and College Students)
May 5th Competitions 7:30am - 4:00pm
There is still time to register for each one of the Competition. Each member of the winning teams will receive a laptop computer!!! Only $40 to enter!!!
The Computer Building Workshops will be held on Saturday, April 14, 21, & 28 at Computer Spot Technology Inc. 9121 Piscataway Road, #1A, Clinton, MD 20735 from 10AM-12PM. 301-839-8009
The Social Media Jeopardy Game will consist of 7 teams of three. The questions are available upon request to study and prepare prior for the competition.
Flight Simulations Competition:
Students will demonstrate their "piloting" skills for a panel of judges. The teams will also be required to prepare and present a research paper, brochure, poster-board, and presentation before judges in any of the following careers fields: aircraft design, jet mechanics, systems engineering, electrical engineering, human factors research, test piloting, search and rescue, air traffic control, airport management and space exploration.
Sponsored by: Headquarters U. S. Air Force, Diversity Operations, The Pentagon Air Force
If you are interested in participating, please contact Patriots at 301/925-9350 or email Tiffany Dial at email@example.com.
Top Foggy Bottom Stories
Upcoming Events near Foggy Bottom
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- National Cathedral Continues to Recover from Earthquake
- War-torn Caucasus may be at root of the brothers' rage
- Let's Be Real: Passion Is No Match For The Politics Of Guns
- On Sixth Anniversary Of The Virginia Tech Massacre, Families, Survivors Reflect On Bombings
- Disabled man given $8,000 after Disneyland breakdown