GW's Urban Food Task Force and Animal Welfare Approved to Host "State of the Plate D.C." |
Title (Max 100 Characters)
From Jill Sankey:
On Monday, October 17, from 8:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m., George Washington University will partner with Animal Welfare Approved (AWA) to host the State of the Plate D.C., which will feature a series of panels and notable speakers focused on sharing best practices, information and strategies regarding sustainable meat and the culinary community. This event is designed for chefs, restaurateurs, distributors, farmers, ranchers, food leaders, students, faculty and those interested in sustainable farming, animal product preparation, the myths and realities of food labeling and supply chain management.
The event will take place in GW's Marvin Center Grand Ballroom.
Visit the event website for a full list of speakers.
Registration is required. Tickets are $55 and include a continental breakfast and boxed lunch.
Top Foggy Bottom Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- National Cathedral Continues to Recover from Earthquake
- War-torn Caucasus may be at root of the brothers' rage
- Let's Be Real: Passion Is No Match For The Politics Of Guns
- On Sixth Anniversary Of The Virginia Tech Massacre, Families, Survivors Reflect On Bombings
- Disabled man given $8,000 after Disneyland breakdown