How Far Would You Travel For Your Food? | Environment
Do you ever wonder what Wonder Bread is really made of, or how many miles that head of lettuce has traveled? There's nothing like fresh, whole, organic foods to maintain your health and well-being. Farm-fresh produce and meats go directly from the source to your table, leaving little time for nutrients and it's natural vibration to be lost. Many foods at your supermarket have been picked or slaughtered weeks or even months before they make it onto the shelf. Most of these items are preserved by nitrogen or other artificial means, making them appear fresh. Moreover, foods treated with pesticides and artificial fertilizers have lower nutritional value than foods growing organically.
Take care of your local producer. Visit your local farmers market, support and join your local CSA. The money you spend on your food speaks louder than you can ever imagine, spend it wisely.
Top Foggy Bottom Stories
Upcoming Events near Foggy Bottom
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- National Cathedral Continues to Recover from Earthquake
- War-torn Caucasus may be at root of the brothers' rage
- Let's Be Real: Passion Is No Match For The Politics Of Guns
- On Sixth Anniversary Of The Virginia Tech Massacre, Families, Survivors Reflect On Bombings
- Disabled man given $8,000 after Disneyland breakdown