DPW to Collect Residential Trash/Recycling Starting at 6 AM, Tues. and Wed., July 17 and 18 | People
The DC Department of Public Works announced today that its trash and recycling crews will begin their collections an hour earlier, at 6 am, Tuesday, July 17 and Wednesday, July 18, due to predicted 90° and above temperatures and the effect of the 90° plus heat index. Residents may put their trash and recyclables out for pick-up starting at 6:30 pm on the day before their collections to make sure these materials are collected. Trash and recycling containers should be removed from public space by 8 pm on the collection day.
Throughout the summer, when the temperature and heat index are predicted to be 90˚ or higher or the Metropolitan Washington Council of Governments announces unhealthy air quality (Code Orange or Code Red days), DPW collection crews will begin their work at 6 am to avoid health or environmental issues.
Top Foggy Bottom Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- National Cathedral Continues to Recover from Earthquake
- War-torn Caucasus may be at root of the brothers' rage
- Let's Be Real: Passion Is No Match For The Politics Of Guns
- On Sixth Anniversary Of The Virginia Tech Massacre, Families, Survivors Reflect On Bombings
- Disabled man given $8,000 after Disneyland breakdown