Pet Of The Week: Shakespeare | Pets
Looking to adopt a new friend? The Washington Animal Rescue League has a new pet of the week named Shakespeare.
Shakespeare is an 8-year-old male Chihuahua mix who has gone from comedy to tragedy in a few short weeks. Picked up as a stray on the streets of DC, this little boy arrived at the Washington Animal Rescue League shy and timid. But thanks to the efforts of the League’s dedicated staff and volunteers, plus interaction with shelter visitors, he’s blossomed into quite the social butterfly. He eagerly solicits attention and affection and will willingly climb into a lap if it’s offered. Like tales by the Bard of Avon, Shakespeare isn’t really appropriate for young children but would love a quiet home with adults who appreciate classics like him.
For more information on Shakespeare or on adopting a new pet, click here.
Top Foggy Bottom Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- National Cathedral Continues to Recover from Earthquake
- War-torn Caucasus may be at root of the brothers' rage
- Let's Be Real: Passion Is No Match For The Politics Of Guns
- On Sixth Anniversary Of The Virginia Tech Massacre, Families, Survivors Reflect On Bombings
- Disabled man given $8,000 after Disneyland breakdown